Skip to main content

Saying GOODBYE To Our 13-Year Old Harrier, 'Braxton'.

The passing of yet another dog.

We thought he was 14. I went back & checked. He was 13 -- though we never knew his exact birthday.

He was a RESCUE from Kentucky -- after some storm I think. We found him online. Yes, we had to pay for his, despite his rescue status.

We were told, along with the official vet paperwork, that he was a Beagle.

He turned out to be a Harrier. We only learnt this 3-years later. A man who trained dogs for the U.S. Marshall Service questioned me about him. I said he was a Beagle. He said 'No Way'. I know dogs. That is no beagle. He is an Harrier. I looked it up. Braxton was 100% Harrier. Better than a Beagle.

He had a GOOD LIFE. 

13-14 seems to be OUR MAX.

He never quite got over being a rescue.

When we got him he was at least 3 months old. He had never lived or slept outside a CRATE! He thus had issues. 

But he was fun when young. 

He didn't appreciate getting a rambunctious 125lbs Newfie as a new sister.

He has had health issue for over 18 months.

9 months ago I was convinced that she was a goner. Then she miraculously recovered. Up until a few a week ago he still managed to walk 2 to 3 miles a day with me. He was used to his walks.

About 2 weeks she took a turn. Didn't want to walk as much.

Then she started having issues. Last night was rough. She couldn't keep anything down. We thought maybe next week.

This morning ...

I knew it was time.

😞

My consolation is that he had a good life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First National Park Established East Of The Mississippi: NOT 'Acadia' But 'Mackinac' In Michigan.

  Click images to ENLARGE . Link to ' mackinacparks.com ' website.

'Amazon' 'Kindle Direct Publishing' (KDP) I Down -- Looks Like It Was 'Hacked'.

Click to ENLARGE .

The LATEST Catholic Saint, 'Carlos Acutis' -- Credited With Saving The Lives Of Others, BUT Could NOT Prolong HIS LIFE?

Click to ENLARGE . News snippets from ' Google News '.