![]() |
| Link to MY 'Dwarf Planets' book. |
Yes, 'Pluto' was classified a Dwarf Planet 20 years ago -- yesterday.
Then, 3 weeks later, 'Ceres' & 'Eris' were added to give us 3 Dwarfs. That was all 20 years go.
Then we had a ~ 2 year hiatus before two more were added.
Then it all descended into chaos & farce.
The 'International Astronomical Union' (IAU), the International organization tasked with managing space in an orderly fashion dropped the ball. They chickened out.
We have now had 18 years of confusion & inaction.
Officially, there are still only 5 dwarfs.
That is a JOKE.
There are MUCH MORE.
We need to RETHINK the whole subject.
I have a STAKE in this. I wrote a BOOK on Dwarfs (-- the only one I think).
I am NOT happy. This is STUPID. This is CRAZY. The IAU should be ashamed of itself -- but they are well beyond that. Alas. 😢

Comments
Post a Comment