Skip to main content

The Word 'Moue' -- I Had Never Heard Of it. Have YOU?

'Amazon' listing for book 'The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry'.
I came across the word, 'moue', in the above book a couple of mornings ago.

I had never heard of it. I thought it was a typo (given that my middle name is 'Typo').

Though English is NOT my Mother Tongue, I am told I have a fairly decent vocabulary given the how much I read. 

I had to look it up. Took a minute because I didn't have any online devices at hand.

I was amazed. I was gobsmacked. 

Exact, correct word. That sentence makes perfect sense, when you know the word. I am humbled. 

I had to look up how COMMON a word it is.

It is said to be rare. 'Google' claims it appears about 0.05 times per million words written. So, I no longer feel that stupid.

Did YOU know the word.

Now YOU do. 😇



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First National Park Established East Of The Mississippi: NOT 'Acadia' But 'Mackinac' In Michigan.

  Click images to ENLARGE . Link to ' mackinacparks.com ' website.

'Amazon' 'Kindle Direct Publishing' (KDP) I Down -- Looks Like It Was 'Hacked'.

Click to ENLARGE .

'A Single Thread' By 'Tracy Chevalier' -- Quite The Book (Amazing Research), I Just Did NOT Like The Last 1.5 Chapters.

Click to ENLARGE . For 'Amazon' listing .