Skip to main content

The Name 'Pakistan' Is An Acronym -- I Am In SHOCK That I Only JUST Found Out.

'Wikipedia' link.
I, alas, have never visited Pakistan, but Pakistan & Bangladesh (once East Pakistan) are NO strangers to I. Yes, once a plane that I was in from London to New Delhi was DIVERTED to a Pakistan airport. We weren't allowed to disembark. It was night & I can't remember which airport that was. So, that doesn't count.

If nothing else there is our CRICKET bond.

But, I am from that neck of the woods.

I have known many from Pakistan -- though I can't say that any were friends per se.

I know I met one of the Presidents of Pakistan when he visited Ceylon in the 1960s. I can't remember whom. I shook hands with him & all of that. I was very young.

My Accidental Father used to tutor me on the Indian partitioning of India, West Pakistan & East Pakistan. But, I don't recall him ever telling me that the name was an acronym. I probably would have remembered. 

The 1975 book 'Freedom at Midnight' is one of my favorite books. And I still did NOT know of the acronym. I am in SHOCK.

I also read "Midnight's Children" -- albeit a very long time ago. And I didn't learnt this.

I am really flabbergasted!

An American told me about the acronym this week.

Wow.

I wanted to make sure YOU knew.

OK? Cool? No thanks required. That is why I am here. 😇

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First National Park Established East Of The Mississippi: NOT 'Acadia' But 'Mackinac' In Michigan.

  Click images to ENLARGE . Link to ' mackinacparks.com ' website.

'Amazon' 'Kindle Direct Publishing' (KDP) I Down -- Looks Like It Was 'Hacked'.

Click to ENLARGE .

'A Single Thread' By 'Tracy Chevalier' -- Quite The Book (Amazing Research), I Just Did NOT Like The Last 1.5 Chapters.

Click to ENLARGE . For 'Amazon' listing .