Skip to main content

My Attempt To Move From 'Windows 11' To 'Mac' Lasted All Of 130 Days. I Went Back!


The Mac worked. That was never an issue.

I got everything I wanted working within a day.

But, it was not as easy as I had hoped.

Everything worked, BUT not as WELL as I would like.

Yes, it is all to do with my specific work requirements.

Other than what I do on a Browser ('Chrome' in my case), AT LEAST 95% of what I do, day in, day out involves Microsoft WORD, EXCEL & POWERPOINT. 

I also like to use OneDrive as my backup.

Yes, it is TRUE. I always wanted to make sure I could go back to a PC/Windows 11 IF I had to.

Hence also the heavy dependence on exFAT formatted external SSDs.

MS Office APPs & OneDrive on Macs works BUT not as elegantly, seamlessly & smoothly as on a PC. Microsoft has made sure of that. 

<><><><>

Plus, I discovered that the MacOS gets a LOT of updates too. Nearly as much as Windows 11.

<><><><>

I have DISABLED UPDATES (permanently) on my PCs. I am willing to take the risk. Plus, I am using 'BitDefender'.

So, I went back ....

😒

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First National Park Established East Of The Mississippi: NOT 'Acadia' But 'Mackinac' In Michigan.

  Click images to ENLARGE . Link to ' mackinacparks.com ' website.

'Amazon' 'Kindle Direct Publishing' (KDP) I Down -- Looks Like It Was 'Hacked'.

Click to ENLARGE .

The LATEST Catholic Saint, 'Carlos Acutis' -- Credited With Saving The Lives Of Others, BUT Could NOT Prolong HIS LIFE?

Click to ENLARGE . News snippets from ' Google News '.