Skip to main content

Today I Closed The 'PayPal' Account That I Had Had For Over 25 Years!

 

WOW!

I surprised myself!

I never thought the day would come.

I used to be such a HUGE FAN of PayPal.

But I realized I hadn't properly used it in months.

Over the last year or so I have used it purely in 'passthrough' mode, i.e., as an intermediary between a credit card or bank.

I had originally got it when it was the ONLY way to pay on eBay. Yes, we are talking late 1990.

I liked PayPal so much that I had bought eBay shares so that I would get PayPal IPO shares.

That was years ago. I made some money on both eBay & PayPal stock.

But, that was ages ago.

Today, I was doing a transaction that preferred to use 'Zelle'. I had NEVER heard of it.

I was then surprised to learn that my bank, 'Bank of America', fully supported Zelle & signed me up to use it, through them, in seconds.

That is when I realized I no longer needed PayPal.

ONE LESS financial account.

Downsizing.

Easy enough to close. That was good. Bravo, PayPal. Not sure I will miss PayPal.

😏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First National Park Established East Of The Mississippi: NOT 'Acadia' But 'Mackinac' In Michigan.

  Click images to ENLARGE . Link to ' mackinacparks.com ' website.

'Amazon' 'Kindle Direct Publishing' (KDP) I Down -- Looks Like It Was 'Hacked'.

Click to ENLARGE .

'A Single Thread' By 'Tracy Chevalier' -- Quite The Book (Amazing Research), I Just Did NOT Like The Last 1.5 Chapters.

Click to ENLARGE . For 'Amazon' listing .