Skip to main content

Does 'Pope Leo' Speak English, These Days, With A Very European Accent?

 

OK, I am not really much of an expert when it comes to accents -- other than that I speak English with a very heavy (& strange) accent. I can't tell subtle differences in accents -- just those that are very distinct & hard to miss.

These days that is where I am with Chicagoan Pope Leo.

When he speaks English I am always reminded of prior popes -- none of whom, obviously, were American (or native English speakers).

Yes, I know that Leo spoke Spanish, in South America, for the better part of his adult life.

And, of course, since becoming Pope he probably spends at least 90% of his time, at the Vatican, speaking in Italian.

Maybe that is what it is.

It is just that everytime I hear him, of late, his voice/accents reminds me on past, non-English popes talking English.

What do YOU think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First National Park Established East Of The Mississippi: NOT 'Acadia' But 'Mackinac' In Michigan.

  Click images to ENLARGE . Link to ' mackinacparks.com ' website.

'Amazon' 'Kindle Direct Publishing' (KDP) I Down -- Looks Like It Was 'Hacked'.

Click to ENLARGE .

'A Single Thread' By 'Tracy Chevalier' -- Quite The Book (Amazing Research), I Just Did NOT Like The Last 1.5 Chapters.

Click to ENLARGE . For 'Amazon' listing .