I Cancelled My 'Discover' Credit Card. I Had Been A Member For 35 Years! No Way I Was Dealing With 'Capital One'.
I have had a Discover Credit Card for as long as I can remember.
It appears I have had the card I cancelled since 1991. I had NOT given that much heed until the lady cancelling the card brought it up.
Actually I have been a member for longer than that.
I had "Diners Club" cards for a good 10 years prior to that.
As an adult I came over to the U.S. in 1985. I had U.K. credit cards at the time. But, in those days, as far as U.S. credit card companies were concerned I had NO credit history. I had to build it up.
I was told to get a "Sears" card. I did. I then got a U.S. Diners Club. I think they accepted that I held a UK card.
I soon built up the history. Well that is all history.
I have had 'Capital One' credit cards -- mainly because they and 'Citi' & others regularly offer me 0% APR cards. I take a couple ...
But, I don't like 'Capital One'.
They are NOT Discover when it comes to customer service.
So, I cancelled.
I have no shortage of credit cards. 😇
Appears I am not alone. Quite a few longtime Discover members are cancelling because of Capital One. But, they will do fine. They will sign up plenty of 'suckers'. 😇

Comments
Post a Comment