Skip to main content

Over 200 Wild Elephants KILLED In Sri Lanka So Far In 2026 -- This Drives Me Nuts.

News clips from 'Google'. Google for more ...

There is NO END to these killings ...

Much of it is SUPPOSEDLY is by farmers trying to protect their crops.

I, however, don't think that all the killings are by farmers.

I had to look up how they go about killing elephants because guns aren't that readily available.

Then I found this (^^) about 'Jaw Bombs'! I remember enough Sinhalese (once my mother tongue) to know what the 'Patas' part means. Means 'explosive' -- goes 'patas'. So cruel. A slow lingering death.

Indian elephants are such intelligent, MAJESTIC beasts. Much more intelligent than a dog.

If the government & the people weren't so corrupt there are things that could be done, e.g., compensation for crops destroyed, better fencing, professional wardens to ward off the elephants. Oh, NO! Elephants get no priority. I can't even find stats. of how many folks have been convicted for killing elephants.

I despair. I really do. 😖

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The LATEST Catholic Saint, 'Carlos Acutis' -- Credited With Saving The Lives Of Others, BUT Could NOT Prolong HIS LIFE?

Click to ENLARGE . News snippets from ' Google News '.

In Britain Skin Color Doesn't Denote Citizenship, You Can Look 'Indian' & Still Be 100% British (Even Native Born).

Click to ENLARGE . For 'Hindustan Times' original .

'A Single Thread' By 'Tracy Chevalier' -- Quite The Book (Amazing Research), I Just Did NOT Like The Last 1.5 Chapters.

Click to ENLARGE . For 'Amazon' listing .