Skip to main content

'Yom Kippur'. WE Should ALL Practice An Annual Day Of Forgiveness (i.e., Atonement).

From 'Wikipedia'.

No, I am NOT Jewish. Never have been. Will NEVER be because among other things it will be too damn painful. I am UNCIRCUMCISIED -- & very happy to be so.

I am NOT RELIGIOUS. Have not been so since I was about 18. 

I was raised by a Buddhist family. I stopped being a 'Buddhist' (if that is possible) when I was about 18.

I am TOTALLY ARELIGOUS. 

But, I find religion fascinating.

I have NO problem with any religion. 

I have had a LOT of dealings with Jewish people -- a lot of Jewish friends & colleagues.

I have been to a Bar Mitzvah -- & I cried.

I have been to a Passover Seder. [I have also attended the last night of Ramadan feast (with a super wealthy family) -- multiple times!]

My two eldest kids were Baptized & Christened as Catholics.

I have written 12(?) books on Popes (& yes, I have lost count).

➖➖➖➖

I have always admired Yom Kippur.

It is NOT an 'Happy' Holiday!

I like that. 

It is good to have introspective, reflective holidays.

WE should all observe Yom Kippur. Not a bad thing. A good thing really.

PAX.

😇

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First National Park Established East Of The Mississippi: NOT 'Acadia' But 'Mackinac' In Michigan.

  Click images to ENLARGE . Link to ' mackinacparks.com ' website.

'Amazon' 'Kindle Direct Publishing' (KDP) I Down -- Looks Like It Was 'Hacked'.

Click to ENLARGE .

'A Single Thread' By 'Tracy Chevalier' -- Quite The Book (Amazing Research), I Just Did NOT Like The Last 1.5 Chapters.

Click to ENLARGE . For 'Amazon' listing .