![]() |
| For 'IMDb.com' listing. |
I have watched three (or four) movies on Tourette's prior to this. They were all good. This, however, was truly brilliant -- I SWEAR. What makes it so riveting, HUMBLING & inspiring is that it is based, 100%, on a REAL LIFE, TRUE story. This is basically a documentary made like a movie to make it more approachable.
WOW!
Yes, since I heard about Tourette's it has intrigued me. Yes, I have met a few with Tourette's through my volunteering with 'Special Olympics'. But, I did NOT have to deal with them on a strictly one-to-one basis. I try to imagine how I would deal! Try to think what IF one of my kids (& I have four) had Tourette's.
The lady, an ex-Mental Health Nurse, 'Dottie Achenbach', who does so much to help is truly an angel. So cool & calm. Wow. What an inspiration. The actual gentleman with Tourette's, 'John Davidson', got a MBE from THE Queen for his services for greatly enhancing Tourette's awareness (& tolerance). That is how the movie opens -- at the awards ceremony in Edinburg. She, i.e., Dottie, should have ALSO got one. She deserves it -- & MORE.
Yes, as implied by the title, there is a LOT of swearing. Yes, I am sure the exact words & phrases used were customized for the movie. They are extremely creative & HILARIOUS.
Of course this is NOT a movie that all will appreciate & enjoy. You need to have empathy.
I thoroughly enjoyed. Made me want to learn more about Tourette's.
I wholeheartedly recommend it -- though appreciating that only SOME of YOU will enjoy it. Thanks. 😇

Comments
Post a Comment