'Waiting for the Barbarians' (Now On 'Netflix') -- A Cute 'Goof' That Only A TRUE 'Naturalist' Would NOTICE.
![]() |
| For 'IMDb.com' listing. |
➖➖ ➖➖ ➖➖ ➖➖
I have REALLY enjoyed it so far. My time of movie. I knew that just from the title. As soon as I saw that on 'Netflix' as a coming attraction, I set a REMINDER on it.
Yes, I am into historical, colonial pieces -- given that they jive with my background.
I knew within 5 minutes that this was not meant to be historically accurate. A fictional setting -- an amalgamation of British northwest frontier in India & the French ones in North Africa. Cute. I liked it.
But, this is what cracked me up.
Much of the story revolves around 'The Girl' -- a Barbarian girl tortured by the 'Colonel'.
The kindly, MAGISTRATE (the star of the show) finds her one night with broken ankles, near blind, dressed in rags, UNWASHED & homeless.
He takes her home ...
Over a series of nights he gently tends to her feet. Washing them like a pope ... Very touching.
He then starts to wash and clean her legs. They are filthy having been wrapped in dirty, soiled cloth.
But, her legs are immaculately shaved!
You can even see the razor 'burn' marks.
Cracked me up. But, also SAD.
Why would it be offensive to show UNSHAVED legs?
That is THE QUESTION.
Yes, I have a thing about au naturel women -- most likely my upbringing. SMILE. 😇

Comments
Post a Comment